2015 Award Categories
TEAM EXCELLENCE AWARDS:
Recognizes the energy reduction efforts that come with active and sustained landlord and tenant collaboration, across the four years of the Race (2011-2014).
One (1) Team Excellence Award will be awarded to a Building Team, in each of the following three categories:
- Capital project
- Operational project
- Cultural / behavioural change project
Please ensure that your application for the Team Excellence Award meets the following criteria:
- The application form must be submitted by a building team consisting of a landlord and at least one tenant. Tenant owned buildings are eligible.
- Applicants must be registered as Race to Reduce participants
- Applicants’ buildings and their energy reduction activity must be located in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area
- A building team can only win ONE Team Excellence award
- Only submissions received for initiatives that were started, ended, or were active between 2011-2014 will be considered
The application form must be submitted to Nicole B. at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, July 10, 2015.
BUILDING PERFORMANCE AWARDS:
Lowest Energy Use
Recognizes lowest energy use within a building measured by ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager’s Performance Rating.
The top three performers across the following building size categories will be recognized:
- Less than 250,000 sq.ft.
- 250,000 to 500,000 sq.ft.
- 500,000 to 1,000,000 sq.ft.
- Over 1,000,000 sq.ft.
Greatest Energy Reduction
Recognizes buildings that have achieved 10 % or greater reduction in energy, across the four years of the Race (2011-2014).
Buildings which have achieved energy reductions in the following categories measured by ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager’s weather normalized site energy use index (2014 versus 2010 baseline) will be recognized:
- 10 to 14.9 %
- 15 to 19.9 %
- 20 % or greater
- Building must be registered in the Race to Reduce
- Buildings must enter 2010 – 2014 energy use data to Portfolio Manager and share with the Race to Reduce account
- Finalists for the Buildings Performance Awards will be required to provide utility bills (or consent to access via utilities) for verification of data entered into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Finalists for the Lowest Energy Use award will be required to complete a site visit with the Race to Reduce contracted data analysis service provider
Building data must be entered into Portfolio Manager and shared with the Race to Reduce account by 5 pm on Friday, July 10, 2015.
For FAQs and technical support for ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager click here.
DID YOU KNOW?
For each degree that you raise the thermostat, energy savings can be as much as 5 percent of your air conditioning costs.