Recognize landlord and tenant participation within buildings. These awards are based on the percentage of tenant space registered for the Race to Reduce (Gross Leasable Area (GLA)).
- Gold awards will be given to all buildings with >75% of tenant space signed up
- Silver awards will be given to all buildings with 50% – 74% of tenant space signed up.
- Bronze awards will be given to all buildings with 20% – 49% of tenant space signedup.
- A Certificate of Participation will be given to all participating buildings..
All buildings meeting the participation thresholds outlined above are eligible. Building landlord and tenant representatives must register and submit their GLA on the Race to Reduce website to confirm their participation. Each building is eligible to win only one (1) Participation award.
All eligible participants must be registered on the Race to Reduce website by 5:00pm on October 31, 2011. All registrations after the deadline will be eligible for the Participation Award in 2012.
ACTION & INNOVATION AWARDS:
Recognize participants who have demonstrated leadership and superior commitment to energy reduction or efficiency through their actions and/or innovative excellence. Innovation examples include new ideas, methods, behaviours, plans, collaborations and actions. One (1) Action and Innovation award will be awarded to each of the following:
- A building team
- A landlord
- A tenant
- Building Team: Building team is defined as a landlord and at least one tenantwho are registered on the Race to Reduce website.
- Landlord: May submit an application for an action or innovation at either a singlebuilding or across their Toronto region portfolio.
- Tenant: May submit an application for an action or innovation in either a singlelocation, or across their Toronto region space.
- Participants may submit multiple applications, but are only eligible to win one (1) Action& Innovation award.
The deadline for submissions was October 31, 2011. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. Winners will be announced on November 30, 2011.
BUILDING PERFORMANCE AWARDS:
Recognize energy reduction within a building under 500,000ft2 and within buildings 500,000ft2 and over. For each of the two tiers there will be one performance award:
- Lowest Energy Use (ekWh/ft2 ) (REALpac normalized1) for2010
- Lowest Energy Use award: Landlord must submit 2010 energy data to the REALpac Energy Benchmarking Survey to be eligible.
- Finalists will be asked by REALpac to verify their energy data PRIOR to being confirmed for a performance award. Each building is eligible to win one (1) Building Performance Award.
The deadline for the 2011 Building Performance awards has passed. Building data submitted to REALpac after September 30, 2011 will be eligible for the 2012 awards. All data will be kept confidential by REALpac.
1 Data normalization procedures may affect the results. REALpac reserves the right to review and qualify potential award winners. REALpac is not responsible for errors or omissions in participant data which impacts the potential award winners of Race to Reduce awards.