Recognize landlord and tenant participation within buildings. These awards are based on the percentage of tenant space registered for the Race to Reduce (Gross Leasable Area (GLA)).
Awarded to top 30% of buildings with greatest percentage of tenants signed up to the Race, in each of the following building size categories:
- Under 100,000 SF
- 100,000 – 249,999 SF
- 250,000 – 499,999 SF
- 500,000 – 999,999 SF
- Over 1,000,000 SF
- Single tenant buildings (all buildings receive awards provided that tenant is registered in the Race to Reduce)
- A Certificate of Engagement will be given to all participants.
Building landlord and tenant representatives must register and submit their GLA on the Race to Reduce website to confirm their participation.
Buildings and tenants that have registered in previous years are not required to re-register each year.
Tenants must complete a separate registration for each building in which they occupy space.
Building and tenants must be registered in the Race to Reduce by 5pm on September 28, 2012.
ACTION AND INNOVATION AWARDS:
These awards recognize registered Race to Reduce participants who have demonstrated leadership and superior commitment to energy reduction or efficiency through their actions and/or through innovative excellence. Innovation examples include new ideas, methods, behaviours, plans, collaborations and actions.
One (1) Action and Innovation award will be awarded to each of the following:
A building team
Race to Reduce participants must be registered as participants in the Race on or before 5pm on September 28, 2012.
Registered participants must be located in the Toronto region (City of Toronto, Halton/Hamilton, Peel, York, Durham).
- Building Team: Building team is defined as a landlord and at least one tenant who are registered on the Race to Reduce website.
- Landlord: May submit an application for an action or innovation at either a single building or across their Toronto region portfolio
- Tenant: May submit an application for an action or innovation in either a single/multiple location or across their Toronto region portfolio
- Participants may submit multiple applications, but are eligible to win only one (1) Action & Innovation award
- Winners from the previous year (landlord, tenant, or building team) are not eligible for the Action & Innovation award for work undertaken at the same site. However, a winning organization from the previous year may apply for work undertaken at a different site
- Organizations from 2010 winning Building Teams may reapply provided that the teams have a different composition of team members (organizations)
- Only submissions received for initiatives that started, ended or were active in 2011 will be considered
BUILDING PERFORMANCE AWARDS:
Recognize energy reduction within a building under 300,000SF and within a building 300,000SF and over. For each of the two tiers, there will be two performance awards:
- Lowest Energy Use (based on Portfolio Manager’s Energy Performance Rating on a scale of 1-100)
- Greatest Reduction in energy use from 2010 to 2011
Building must be registered in the Race to Reduce.
Buildings that have registered in previous years are not required to re-register each year.
Building landlord must submit 2010 and 2011 data to Portfolio Manager, and share the data with the Race to Reduce account.
2010 and 2011 building data must be submitted to Portfolio Manager and shared with the Race to Reduce account by 5pm on September 28, 2012.